Monday 4 October 2010

Bourjois Délice de Poudre Illuminatrice: Hero product #2

Image courtesy of Elle.fr
Early mornings, late nights and stress-filled deadlines are the bane of my skin. I have what the beauty elite like to call a ‘porcelain’ complexion, but thanks to my night owl habits, most days it looks closer to ghostly white. Without a hint of blusher, I look extremely one dimensional and at worst, I just look plain ill.

Injecting life into translucent skin is a battle; on a blank canvas, too heavy a concentration of colour can look like a 70s glitter explosion and something very sheer doesn’t look dewy but clammy, often giving the impression of a deathly pallor.

Bourjois Délice de Poudre Illuminatrice is my knight in shining armour when it comes to highlighting products. A powder rather than a cream, it doesn’t slide off my stuck-in-a-teenage-time-warp skin and delivers just the right amount of golden pink pearlescent shimmer when dusted along cheek and brow bones. The effect is subtle enough that if I’m feeling particularly drained, an additional sweep across my T-zone (where light would naturally hit) and a smudge dotted in the inner corner of my eyes soon brightens up my whole face. Oh, and did I mention it has a delicious, faint vanilla/white chocolate scent when in the packaging? Heavenly.

Much to my horror, I discovered that this product had been discontinued a few months ago and now unopened packages are becoming like… well, gold dust, with just a few rapidly disappearing powders tucked away on eBay and in online stores. I have tried and been disappointed with alternatives, including Bourjois’s replacement product ‘Touche Illuminatrice’, which in my opinion doesn’t match up and falls more within the sheen-filled blusher range on my fair skin. If you have warmer tones in your cheeks, the news is even worse, as I doubt this new product would even show up on your skin at all.

Whatever your colouring, if you’re looking for a bit of a luminescent lift, my advice would be to snap one (or two, or five) of these up whilst you still can (and send it to me).

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Selected Treats Design by Insight © 2009